"All governors should be able to engage fully with discussions about data. If they cannot, they should undertake appropriate training to enable them to do this" (Governors handbook DfE November 2015)
The purpose of this training is to:
Develop governors' knowledge of the data available to them.
Develop the capacity of experienced and new governors effectively in order to:
- Challenge and support their school's leadership team in their efforts to bring about school improvement.
- Ask probing questions about outcomes for pupils
• Understand how data contributes to school self-evaluation and school improvement
• Understand the changes national data is undertaking
• Understand the importance of using a range of measures to evaluate the performance of their school
This session will be run remotely via Microsoft Teams