Early Years Practitioners working with children aged 2 ½ - 5 years
This 3-hour workshop is a very brief introduction to yoga and mindfulness. Early years practitioners will be given a tool kit of ideas on how to start their children's session with some basic yoga poses, breathing techniques and mindful exercises. The affects from these will soon be rippling through your settings. Not only the children benefit but so do their parents, siblings, friends and of course the teacher/care givers themselves.
We explore how to link mindful movement and creative activities to the early years curriculum and child development, creativity, mental and physical wellbeing etc. Fun and easy-to-use yoga lesson plans are used as a springboard to explore a full range of learning areas - from the creative arts and physical education/health to maths, language, culture and the sciences. Early years practitioners will also learn various relaxation methods and gain some great tools for classroom management.
• Basic Yoga poses, introduction to meditation and mindful techniques to explore with children 2 1/2 - 5 years.
• Breathing techniques, relaxation and guided imagery to explore with children 2 1/2 - 5 years.
• Yoga Games and ideas for partner poses and group activities - social and emotional development
• How to encourage creativity in the early years settings
• Explore the benefits of yoga and see how you can incorporate parts of your curriculum into these sessions
• Classroom management skills and mindful teaching tips
Please bring to the course:
• A yoga mat (or a large towel)
• A notebook & pen
Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in.
Please note that this 3-hour workshop will not qualify you as a yoga or mindfulness
teacher but will offer many fun and highly beneficial tools and techniques to incorporate into your early years’ settings.