Page 1 of 1
Art session from a strong subject leader not a specialist.
Sharing ideas for the development of knowledge and skills and the importance of direct teaching.
A learning walk to share ideas for cross curricular art teaching.
Observing work of a consistent high standard.Essential Information
Early Years practitioners
This two-day course focuses on the emergency scenarios that face professionals looking after young children and infants, including teachers, playgroupleaders, childcareproviders, nannies and childminders. It meets the standards required by Ofsted.
• The role of the first aider
• Managing an emergency
• Communication and casualty care
• Allergic reaction
• Asthma and diabetic emergencies
• Bone,muscle and joint injuries
• Meningitis and Sicklecell
• Eye injuries
• Foreign objects
• Head injuries
• Heat and cold extreme
• Poisoning,bites and stings
• Resuscitation-child and infant
• Spinal injuries
• Treatment of an unconscious casualty
Written and practical assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates receive a St John Ambulance certificate, valid for three years.Essential Information